Leading by example.
At Hematite, we feel that no scrap should go unused. We’ve engineered unique processes to recycle and reuse waste generated from our manufacturing environment. We grind the trim scrap material from our vacuum formed products and send it back to our suppliers to be re-used back into our process. We also recycle waste through our other separation and blending processes.
Waste-stream recycling is a key part of the Reform™ process – Hematite’s proprietary closed-loop process which takes manufacturing scrap from customers and runs it through a series of complex separation stages that results in re-useable materials. Our recycling plant sends the renewed materials to one of our manufacturing facilities to be formed back into new, recycled and recyclable high-quality products.
Our Environmental Management System ensures that we:
- Keep up-to-date with changing environmental laws and regulations, and complying with them
- Educate our employees about preventing pollution
- Set, review and revise measurable environmental objectives and targets as necessary
- Effectively communicate new objectives and targets to our employees
- Meet the expectations of the ISO 14001 standard