Reporting to the Shipping/Receiving Coordinator, the Materials and Logistics Clerk is responsible for supporting the Materials department in the key areas of logistics and related material functions. Works directly with the Shipping/Receiving Coordinator providing support for both inbound and outbound shipments.
- Works directly with our Shipping/Receiving Coordinator providing support with all functions related to shipments.
- Confirms Daily Customer EDI has processed correctly and flags all errors for follow-up.
- Follow up on ASN transactions to ensure no errors.
- Complete NAFTA Certificates as required.
- Customer daily portal follow-up for Tickets etc.
- Ford daily follow-up DDL.
- Customer daily follow-up for Bulletins.
- Weekly KPI’s for customer delivery.
- Print daily Toyota Kanban’s.
- Create Shippers in our ERP system (Plex) to support the shipping function.
- Work closely with both inbound and outbound carriers scheduling dock times as required.
- Work with various couriers as required (UPS, FedEx and Purolator) and process shipments online.
- Work closely with the shippers to complete and process shipments.
- Work through Ford full truckload requirements for all shipments (Excel).
- Follow-up on customer bin requirements/shortages, ensure portals are maintained daily.
- Support requirement of FIFO for outbound shipments.
- Coordinate packing of all Service requirements.
- Manage cardboard/skid inventories.
- Support the activities associated with the receiving of Raw Materials and Components.
Supports these additional activities in the Materials department:
- Provide back up for other department activities as needed based on cross training.
- Participates in special projects as determined by the Materials Manager/Shipping Receiving Coordinator and supports activities related to the maintenance of our ISO14001 & IATF 16949:2016 quality systems.
- Participates in our yearly Inventory count.
- Post-Secondary degree/diploma in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration and /or related discipline
- Two to three years’ experience preferably in an automotive Tier One supplier
- Hands-on experience working with an integrated MRP II system and a working knowledge of EDI (Electronic Data Interchange).
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Familiarity with Plex system preferred.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to interact with all departments and levels within the organization.
- Must be a self-starter able to manage with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently, coordinating work with work of others as needed.