Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer is responsible for quality issues relating to production activity and quality input, PPAP and an active role in the APQP process.
- Represents the QA department on Program Management teams and is responsible for APQP documentation, PPAP documentation, material approvals and customer approvals as required (key customers including Toyota, Ford, Chrysler)
- Participates in new product development with new products and systems development to understand the function of the product and customer expectations for the product.
- Conducts Customer visits to resolve quality issues.
- Determines quality considerations and establishes and/or defines quality requirements for the product and our ability to achieve these standards.
- Completes equipment calibration internally and arranges calibration services with outside contractors.
- Resolves quality issues in the production area.
- Develops process inspection instructions, SPC charts and line logs in the production area.
- Supplier Quality liaison for supplier PPAPS and quality issue resolution.
- Internal auditor for Quality Management System (TS16949)
- Facilitate and participates in 8D problem solving teams.
- All other duties/assignments required to support internal and external customers
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
- Focus on Customer and suppliers and proven experience building relationships
- Must be willing to work shift work when required.
- Exposure to Quality Management System (TS 16949). Auditor training an asset.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience in quality engineering role
- Community College certificate in Quality or equivalent education and work experience.
- ASQ designation of Certified Quality Engineer preferred.
- OEM experience in a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing environment required