This position is responsible for administration activities related to ERP implementation and support, ERP integration, EDI management, day to day troubleshooting and support for production/office programs. Administration activities also include maintenance and support of communications networks and databases.
- Monitors and optimize performance of ERP systems and all hardware (Endpoint PCs, Thin Clients, Server, printers, Barcode scanners, etc.). Determines production priorities while considering operation efficiency and cost factors.
- Maintains the integrity of the ERP system, Automotive customers’ portals, and EDI communications by administering user accounts, passwords and system permissions.
- Provides appropriate ongoing system training for users. Documents operating procedures and best practices
- Participates in special project opportunities, researches/implements new technologies, and from an IT perspective, supports activities related to the implementation and maintenance of ISO 14001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 quality programs.
- Respond to requests from all Hematite locations including after hours, on a limited basis based on the needs of the business.
- Address internal customer concerns and walk users through problem solving steps to resolve day-to-day and repetitive issues utilizing best practices.
- Assist with prototyping new procedures to enhance business processes, operations, and data flow.
- Researches and evaluates a variety of applications and system roadmap.
- Travel required as this role supports multiple sites in Canada and the United States.
- Other duties as required.
- 3+ years of experience in Automotive manufacturing environment
- Post-secondary program in Computer Sciences or related field.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience working with relational databases and basic SQL commands.
- Experience with data collection/integration technologies.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- 3+ years progressive experience ERP support and implementation, especially Plex Online is an asset
- Solid experience with plant floor operations and procedures
- Good understanding and experience with EDI, Covisint Connect and system integration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Web development, CMS experience is an asset