We are seeking an Industrial Maintenance Electrician to join our team at our Brantford facility. The successful candidate must be available to work rotating shifts.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager the Maintenance Electrician is responsible for but not limited to the installation of new equipment, troubleshooting and repair of existing equipment with use of standard electrical tools and computer equipment for PLC diagnostics and programming.
- Read and interpret drawings and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components.
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
- Maintain, repair, install and test switchgears, transformers, electrical motors, electrical mechanisms and electrical measuring equipment.
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial electrical and electronic control systems and devices including but not limited to faults in extruders, vacuum formers, materials systems, facility power distribution systems and any electrical related systems.
- Monitors performance of all electrical equipment for hazards, adjustments or replacements through a formalized electrical PM system.
- Must be available on a call-in basis for emergencies and must be prepared to work overtime when needed.
- Liaison with Hydro inspectors and outside contractors.
- Performs various duties, such as refurbishing defective equipment, new electrical installations and PLC or other controller programming.
- Ensures an adequate inventory of electrical supplies, while keeping costs to a minimum.
- Works closely with other Maintenance team members.
- May be required to assist the Maintenance Mechanical Crew; participate in company-sponsored training; perform other maintenance functions which you have the skill and ability to perform.
- Achieve objectives in a safe manner and according to Hematite policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Adhere to all H&S, environmental laws and procedures
- A current Certificate of Qualification as a Construction Maintenance Electrician (309A license) or Industrial Electrician (442A license).
- Minimum of 5 years full-time, recent experience as an Industrial Electrician in the automotive parts fabrication industry would be an asset.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Practical knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment, materials, tooling, presses, pneumatics, hydraulics, controls
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills and troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as within a team
- Ability to communicate with all inside and outside contacts as required.
- Travel to the USA may be required.
- Experience working with robotics and PLC’s would be an asset.