We are seeking an IT Administrator to join our team at our Brantford facility.
This position is responsible for administration activities related to the corporate network, systems and other production/office programs. Administration activities include maintenance and support of: communications networks, databases, operating systems, network security, email / file sharing systems, cellular, office equipment, network and user software/hardware.
- Monitors and optimize performance of the corporate network, systems and all hardware (Endpoint PCs, Thin Clients, printers, scanners, etc.). Determines production priorities while considering operation efficiency and cost factors.
- Maintains the integrity of the system and data by administering user accounts, passwords and system permissions as well as ensuring acceptable use of Internet services, administering firewall security and anti-virus programs.
- Performs monthly backups and ensure backups integrity
- Installs, configures and maintains server and desktop/notebook PCs, network hardware and software, peripheral devices, cabling and media.
- Provides appropriate ongoing system training for users. Documents operating procedures, best practices and the management of software licensing requirements for PC and network systems.
- Participates in special project opportunities, researches/implements new technologies, and from an IT perspective, supports activities related to the implementation and maintenance of ISO 14001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 quality programs.
- Maintains an inventory of parts for emergency repairs; coordinate with vendors and other company personnel to manage MRO suppliers, technical support, and telephone/cellular and office equipment accounts.
- Respond to requests from all Hematite location including after hours, on a limited basis based on the needs of the business.
- Researches and evaluates a variety of applications and system roadmap.
- Travel required as this role supports multiple sites in Canada and the United States.
- Other duties as required.
- 2+ years of experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role.
- Post-secondary program in Computer Sciences. MCSE certification (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) is preferred.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Two to three years progressive experience in administering a secure wide area network.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, MS Exchange, VMware ESXI, Remote Desktop Protocols and Dell server hardware.
- Experience working with Microsoft operating systems/software packages.
- Experience installing and maintaining desktop PCs, laptops and servers.
- Experience with basic network protocols such as DNS, SMTP, DHCP, FTP, TCP/IP.
- Ability to troubleshoot PC hardware and software problems.
- Experience with cabling for phones and PCs, and WiFi.
- Experience with WSUS, AntiVirus, Email Security.
- Knowledge with ERP & EDI systems, especially Plex Online is an asset.
- Experience with IPv6 is an asset.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting tools such as WireShark, Telnet, NSLookup.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.