We are seeking a Junior Network Administrator to join our team at our Brantford facility for a 9 month contract. This position is ideally suited for a new graduate looking for a challenge.
This position is responsible for administration activities related to the corporate network, systems and other production/office programs. Administration activities include maintenance and support of: communications networks, databases, operating systems, network security, email / file sharing systems, cellular, office equipment, network and user software/hardware.
- Performs scheduled PM’s of IT equipment.
- Updating of instructional documentation.
- Installs, configures and maintains server and desktop/notebook PCs, network hardware and software, peripheral devices, cabling and media.
- Provides appropriate training for users.
- Install and terminate new network cabling.
- Provide first response and troubleshooting for users from all Hematite Canadian locations.
- Travel required as this role supports multiple sites in Canada.
- Other duties as required.
- Recent graduate of a post-secondary program in Computer Sciences.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Experience working with Microsoft operating systems/software packages.
- Experience with O365/SharePoint
- Experience installing and maintaining desktop PCs, laptops and servers
- Experience with basic network protocols such as DNS, SMTP, DHCP, FTP, TCP/IP
- Ability to troubleshoot PC hardware and software problems
- Experience with cabling for phones and PCs, and WiFi
- Knowledge of troubleshooting tools such as WireShark, Telnet, NSLookup
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills