We are seeking a Maintenance Mechanic (Millwright) to join our team at our Brantford facility.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Millwright is responsible for the maintenance, repair, rebuilding and installation of machinery, equipment and property.
- Perform safe work practices as well as safe operation of vehicles, power tools and equipment
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance program (inspection and examination of machinery and equipment)
- Troubleshoot and problem solve to maintain power transmission, hydraulic, pneumatic.
- Perform welding, machining and fabrication as required
- Determines necessary changes, adjustments and modifications to obtain desired results from machinery, using O.E.M. specifications, blueprints, sketches & manuals.
- Works closely with other Maintenance Team and Technical Group team members.
- Create and complete work orders for work performed and sign out parts used using CMMS
- Participate in and maintain 5S standards.
- Participate in Kaizen activity as required.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts and be available on a call-in basis for emergency repairs if needed.
- Achieve objectives in a safe manner and according to Hematite policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Adhere to all H&S, environmental laws and procedures.
- Ontario Industrial Millwright’s license or equivalent.
- Five years of Industrial Millwright experience in an automated environment would be an asset.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Practical knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment, materials, tooling, presses, pneumatics, hydraulics, controls
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills and troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as within a team
- Ability to communicate with all inside and outside contacts as required.
- Travel to the USA may be required
- Experience working with robotics and PLC’s would be an asset.
- Willing to obtain company specific training that would be provided.