We are seeking a dynamic Maintenance PM Technician to join our team at our Brantford facility.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager or designate, the Maintenance PM Technician is responsible for the preventative maintenance inspection and lubrication management of all necessary equipment.
- Perform safe work practices as well as safe operation of vehicles, power tools and equipment.
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance inspections, examination and lubrication of equipment.
- Coordination of required inventory and routine requisitioning of lubrication products.
- Stocking inventory locations if necessary.
- Use of tools and equipment for routine and non-routine lubrication functions.
- Draining and cleaning of reservoirs.
- Mechanical modification of systems as directed to facilitate sampling, filtration, and other proactive improvements.
- Filling oil reservoirs from empty or topping off.
- Changing filters and breathers on reservoirs.
- Operating filtration equipment.
- Grease re-lubrication with manual and automatic dispensing equipment.
- Maintenance of dispensing equipment and automatic systems.
- Labeling and tagging reservoirs, equipment, inventory and delivery containers.
- Printing and fulfilling planned lubrication activities through use of CMMS
- Update scheduling systems, including adding notes to system and requesting work orders for maintenance repairs and activities.
- Schedule, collect, label oil samples for analysis.
- Receive and evaluate oil analysis results for future planned maintenance.
- Report in writing any discrepancies or conditions that require corrective, predictive maintenance for production systems.
- Review lubrication analysis reports.
- Inspect air, water and oil filters, clean or replace as necessary.
- Assist with determining necessary Preventative Maintenance frequency by using OEM specifications/manuals, input from analysis reports, other team members, knowledge and education/training.
- Works closely with other Maintenance Team and Technical Group team members as required.
- Create and complete work orders for work performed and required to sign out parts consumed using CMMS.
- Participate in and maintain 5S standards.
- Participate in Kaizen activity as required.
- Must be available on a call-in basis for emergency repairs if needed.
- Achieve objectives in a safe manner and according to Hematite policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Adhere to all H&S, environmental laws and procedures
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in machinery lubrication, inspection and preventative maintenance would be an asset.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
The ideal candidate would have a passion for understanding how to make things last longer and have a strong desire to make a positive difference within the company they work for.
- Practical knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment, materials, tooling, presses, pneumatics, hydraulics, controls.
- Strong attention to detail and inspection skills.
- Capability to work in an unsupervised position efficiently, effectively and successfully.
- Ability to be open minded and must be willing to learn.
- Ability to communicate with all inside and outside contacts as required.
- Capability to read and interpret technical documents, such as but limited to:
- OEM Maintenance plans
- Blue prints
- Advanced Lubrication Technology instruction and recommendations
- Software system instructions.
- Willing to receive ICML – MLT Level 1 Certified training (within 12months of placement)
- Willing to operate lifting equipment (Fork Truck, Etc.)
- Willing to operate required aerial lift platforms.
- Must perform lockout-tag out procedures.
- Demonstrated initiative and strong work habits.
- Must be able to travel to the USA if required.