We are currently seeking a Manager of Research &Materials Development to join our team in either the Windsor or Guelph area. Reporting to the Director of Engineering & Program Management, the Manager of R&D & Materials Development is responsible for designing and developing flexible acoustical and air/water management automotive components. Managing all product development processes from prototype to production and is responsible for supervising the laboratory.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Participate in the development of new and existing products
- Plan and perform manufacturing trials to evaluate new product design, materials and formulations.
- Coordinate product sampling, testing and certification requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of latest materials & technology improvements and initiate programs for evaluation.
- Develop & maintain process guidelines and training programs for the integration of new products and systems.
- Continually strive to reduce process variation/improve process capability to ensure consistent product quality and adherence to manufacturing standards.
- Lead cost reduction initiatives through materials, product and process improvements.
- Oversee the laboratory function and provide leadership to the Laboratory Coordinator.
- Post-secondary Engineering degree or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in Manufacturing/Process Engineer role
- Experience in the automotive industry strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills Results oriented problem solving skills with an analytical approach
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills, demonstrated in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook