We are seeking a Manufacturing Process Technician to join the team at our Englewood, OH facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB: Reporting to the Mfg Engineering Manager, the Process Technician is responsible to focus on satisfying all production and customer requirements of molded parts. Create, develop, design, manufacture, assist, install and maintain all production processes and equipment as it relates to the processing of plastic automotive components. Support of production both in-house and at outside suppliers.
RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Monitor part and shift performance – daily, weekly, monthly and develop and/or lead activity to make improvements in cost, quality, productivity
- Troubleshoot product, process, and equipment problems in forming and secondary operations as required.
- Program and Troubleshoot and optimize robotic waterjet trim processes.
- Create and/or maintain process and equipment.
- Create operating procedures and work instructions as required for safe and efficient operation, and to comply with Hematite Quality Systems requirements.
- Provide training as required to implement and maintain technical processes and procedures.
- Develop/Lead/Coordinate tooling, process, or equipment changes in support of product launch or engineering changes.
- Work with all technical levels and across disciplines as required
- Develop processes/steps/work flow/layouts for manufacturing or assembly
- All other duties/assignments required to support internal and external customers
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Practical knowledge of vacuum forming, compression molding, fiberglass molding, or plastics molding
- Technical aptitude in
- Electronic circuit and Allen Bradley PLC
- Hands on mechanical work
- Process design
- Knowledge of automotive quality systems and experience in new program launch an asset – TS16949/ISO14001, APQP, DFMEA, PFMEA
- FANUC robot programming
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years in an automotive plastics manufacturing environment as a Process Technician
- Engineering coursework, applied technical training or equivalent
- Experience in thermoforming and/or compression molding