Hematite is recruiting Material Handlers for our Brantford Facility. The successful candidates must be available to work the night shift.
- Services work cells by bringing and removing production bins, removal of scrap material and retrieval of production supplies from warehouse.
- Responsible for general housekeeping including clearing of aisles, trailer dock areas, outer areas of production, the compactor, bailer and the removal of plant garbage.
- Operates all lift trucks and tugger in a safe manner with extra caution to be taken in regards to all other personnel as well as building structures, machinery, and equipment.
- Performs pre-operational checks of forklifts and tugger to ensure good operating condition.
- Sets priorities and organizes workload, keeping in mind efficiency as well as cleanliness and orderliness.
- Completes all necessary paperwork.
- Assists with production work, packaging and shipping/receiving as required.
- Adhere to all H&S, environmental laws and procedures
- All other duties/assignments required to support internal and external customers
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Previous forklift operation required
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be well organized
- Reliable and self-motivated
- Good hand-eye coordination