We are seeking a Production Supervisor for our Night Shift to join our team at our Brantford facility.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Production Supervisor is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the production area and all manufacturing processes on it, ensuring quality and schedule attainment requirements are met.
- Working with the Production Scheduler, plans daily production activities.
- Determines production priorities while considering operation efficiency.
- Establishes and follows up on performance indicators and makes sure that productivity goals are met.
- Ensure team members are achieving production objectives in a safe manner and according to Hematite policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Represent Hematite values and improvement initiatives through communications and leadership on shift.
- Supports activities related to the maintenance of our ISO14001 & IATF 16949 quality systems.
- Report shift performance, administer time and attendance.
- Identifies productivity improvement opportunities and provides feedback to the Management team on continuous improvement activities.
- Ensures that all standard operating, safety, quality and environmental procedures are followed.
- Coaching and developing of production team.
- Understand, lead and maintain the 5S standards of organization
- Participate in Kaizen activity as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience planning, scheduling, and prioritizing the activities of a production team.
- Completion of secondary education or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Leadership training with experience in coaching and team member development.
- Managing process improvement.
- Experience with IATF 16949, ISO 14001, 5S and Lean Manufacturing.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Strong leadership, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Previous automotive high volume manufacturing experience an asset.
- Strong computer skills and practical knowledge of Excel and Word programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of ESA and OHSA required.