The Plant Manager will be responsible for providing strategic leadership at our manufacturing operations in support of the organization’s Vision, Mission and Values reporting to the President and CTO. At an operational leadership level, this position leads the Manufacturing function, and is responsible for oversight of organizational Manufacturing priorities that serve the business units in North America.
As a member of the Leadership Team, this role will provide guidance on day to day and future organizational development plans and execution. This role is accountable for all manufacturing functions including, but not limited to: operational efficiency and effectiveness, employee and labor relations, recruitment, organizational planning, budgeting, corporate communications, leadership development, program launch management, customer satisfaction, employee training & development, succession planning and health & safety.
The Plant Manager will provide operational consulting, advisory and strategic partnership input to the business to develop and apply practical and legally compliant solutions that strengthen talent and champion a high performing, competitively effective and engaged organizational culture.
NOTE: Selected candidate will need to spend a period of time at our Englewood, Ohio location for training purposes before the full launch of our Fayetteville, Tennessee facility. Travel to Canada may also be required making possession of a current Passport essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads the process to achieve a “Zero Incident” safety level performance at the facility.
- Responsible for the development of the operational budget to meet performance expectations and gain approval from the President and CTO, CFO and CEO.
- Responsible for the leadership of the facility to meet or exceed the approved budget performance expectations.
- Owner of strategic Operational excellence in the areas of operational performance, quality performance, launch management execution, continuous improvement, market competitive facility positioning, corporate system compliance, employee talent and performance management. Includes related planning and execution of these elements.
- Creates, owns and updates Leadership Team on monthly/quarterly Operational metrics and drives the Operational team to support organizational strategic plans and associated KPIs.
- Owns the process to create and align Operational Department policies to support IATF, ISO 14001 and legal compliance at the facility and to comply with Corporate policies.
- Manages responsibility of key labor and employee relations activities at the facility.
- Support Leadership Team, Managers & Supervisors in effectively communicating the values and priorities of the organization. Ensure key messages and performance expectations are understood at all levels.
- Work with Sales, PM and Engineering teams to meet market driven challenges regarding piece price and tooling levels to win business at needed metrics.
- Manage annual performance assessment and short/long term incentive processes.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of up to date job descriptions that support all related Operational roles.
- Promote and become actively involved in organizational events in support of local communities and the company’s environmental objectives.
- Drive a Lean Transformational culture within the facility, modelling our approach after the Toyota Production system methodology.
- Provide visible leadership across all North American facilities
- Other duties as required
This role is responsible for daily supervision of a team of supervisors and technical personnel on multiple shifts. To include: Manufacturing, Maintenance, Plant Engineering, and Quality. The role will also support needed coordination with our Human Resource, Program Management and Accounting Departments through our facility in Ohio.
- Proven experience in senior Operational role.
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation.
- Deep knowledge of Operational and Manufacturing functions. Lean training and implementation track record key.
- Ability to use metrics and analytics.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and ERP systems (e.g. Plex).
- Aptitude in communicating, public speaking, well-organized with excellent leadership qualities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA in Engineering or Business. MS/MBA is preferable
- 10+ years related experience or equivalent combination of related education/technical training and experience
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Professional Engineer designation a nice to have.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated behavior that is aligned to Hematite’s Core Values of Collaboration (excellence through teamwork), Integrity (act with respect and ethics), Accountability (commit to decisions and actions) and Performance (achieve exceptional results).
- Proven ability to identify and develop talent within the organization
- Active listening skills and the ability to transform information into specific plans and actions
- Motivating and inspiring communication style
- Strategic thinking including the ability to align priorities with the vision and mission of the organization
- Demonstrated Problem Solving Skills and Good Organization Skills
- A proven track record of proactively managing the Labor/Management relationship
- Excellent planning and time management skills, plus the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to make procedural decisions and judgments involving sensitive and confidential issues under stressful conditions