In this position you will focus on satisfying all production and customer requirements of molded parts. Create, develop, design, manufacture, assist, install and maintain all production processes and equipment as it relates to the processing of plastic automotive components. Support of production both in-house and at outside suppliers.
- Monitor part and shift performance – daily, weekly, monthly and develop and/or lead activity to make improvements in cost, quality, productivity
- Create and/or maintain process and equipment operating procedures and work instructions as required for safe and efficient operation, and to comply with Hematite Quality Systems requirements.
- Provide training as required to implement and maintain technical processes and procedures.
- Develop/lead/coordinate tooling, process, or equipment changes in support of product launch or engineering changes.
- Work with all technical levels and across disciplines as required
- Troubleshoot product, process, and equipment problems in forming and secondary operations as required.
- Develop processes/steps/work flow/layouts for manufacturing or assembly
- Identify and/or initiate qualifying SRED activity and maintain SRED documentation.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Equipment or solution design / synthesis
- Use of statistical data / analysis / performance metrics
- Practical knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment, materials, tooling, presses, pneumatics, hydraulics, controls
- Technical aptitude in PC/PLC programming, robotic programming of multi robot cells, and process design.
- Comfortable with hands on mechanical work
- Knowledge of automotive quality systems and experience in new program launch an asset – TS16949/ISO14001, APQP, DFMEA, PFMEA
- Practical knowledge of costing elements
Education and Experience
- Minimum 3 years in an automotive plastics manufacturing environment as a Process Engineer/Technician
- Engineering degree/diploma or equivalent
- Experience in thermoforming and/or Compression molding is an asset