Reporting to the General Manager, the Production Manager will be responsible for providing leadership on the manufacturing side to our production Supervisors.
This position supports the organization’s Vision, Mission and Values. At a Plant Leadership level, this position leads the Production function, and is responsible for oversight of the plant’s manufacturing priorities.
As a member of the Plant Leadership Team, this role will provide guidance on day-to-day and future organizational development plans and execution. This role is accountable for all production functions including, but not limited to: operational efficiency and effectiveness, employee relations, recruitment, production planning, budgeting, Supervisory and Team Leader development, customer satisfaction, employee training & development, succession planning and health & safety.
The Production Manager will provide advisory and strategic partnership input to the business to develop and apply practical and legally compliant solutions which strengthen talent and champion a high performing, competitively effective and engaged organizational culture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the process on the plant manufacturing floor to achieve a “Zero Incident” safety level at the facility.
- Responsible for the leadership of the production team to meet or exceed the approved budget performance expectations.
- Owner of production excellence in the areas of daily performance, daily quality, continuous improvement, corporate system compliance, employee talent and performance management. Includes related planning and execution of these elements.
- Create, own and updates the Plant Leadership Team on daily, weekly and monthly production metrics and drives the Production Team to support organizational strategic plans and associated KPIs.
- Support IATF, ISO 14001 and legal compliance at the facility and ensures compliance with Corporate policies which pertain to Production.
- Manage responsibility of key production labor and employee relations activities at the facility.
- Support the Plant Leadership Team, Managers and Supervisors in effectively communicating the values and priorities of the organization. Ensure key messages and performance expectations are understood.
- Manage annual performance assessment for the Supervisory Team.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of up to date job descriptions for Production roles.
- Promote and become actively involved in organizational events in support of local communities and the company’s environmental objectives.
- Drive a Lean Transformational culture within the facility
- Provide visible leadership across the plant.
- Other duties as required
This role is responsible for daily supervision of a team of Supervisors on multiple shifts. To include: Supervisors, Team Leaders, Material Handlers, Grinders and Team Members.
- Proven experience in a senior Supervisory role.
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation.
- Deep knowledge of Production and Manufacturing functions. Lean training and implementation record of accomplishment is key.
- Solid knowledge of ESA and OHSA required.
- Ability to use metrics and analytics.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and ERP systems (e.g. Plex).
- Aptitude in communicating, public speaking, well-organized with excellent leadership qualities.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated behaviour which aligns to Hematite’s Core Values of Collaboration (excellence through teamwork), Integrity (act with respect and ethics), Accountability (commit to decisions and actions) and Performance (achieve exceptional results).
- Proven ability to identify and develop talent within the organization
- Active listening skills and the ability to transform information into specific plans and actions
- Motivating and inspiring communication style
- Strategic thinking including the ability to align priorities with the vision and mission of the organization
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and good organization skills
- A proven track record of proactively managing the Labour/Management relationship
- Excellent planning and time management skills, plus the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to make procedural decisions and judgments involving sensitive and confidential issues under stressful conditions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years related experience or equivalent combination of related education/technical training and experience
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- A graduate degree or diploma in business, engineering or technology management would be an asset.