Reporting to the Plant Engineering Manager, the Project Manager is responsible for applying project management tools and practices to ensure assigned projects are meeting deliverables. The primary responsibility of the position will be to introduce, create timelines for, and manage program launches or program changes at a plant level. This will require interfacing with all or some of corporate program management, sales, design engineering, and plant resources as well as equipment and tooling suppliers and material vendors. The scope of projects may also include company initiatives of appropriate scale – e.g. Capital projects, improvement projects.
- Responsible for communicating the critical path master program process and timing charts that include customer activity and milestones and for integrating these with timelines that include applicable internal and external activities.
- Review of all engineering/manufacturing external timing charts
- Coordinate and lead progress meetings and facilitate as required to ensure projects stay on track.
- Ensure all milestones are met, both customer & internal
- Assist team members in removing any roadblocks and resolution of problems that can affect the project.
- Oversee change management documentation process and ensure required inputs, activity, and outcomes are provided as required.
- Keep management informed of any serious risks to timing, budget, or outcomes.
- Coordinate regular team level project management and APQP meetings, as well as management report out meetings.
- Facilitate communication between Program Management, Sales, Engineering functions, outside vendors, manufacturing and multi-facility groups.
- Support technical solutions to meet customer and Hematite cost, quality, and delivery expectations
- Initiate costing requests and information for engineering changes.
- Prepare project requirements for budget
- Work on special projects and departmental goals.
- Other duties as required.
- Four (4) year university engineering program, or equivalent
- Formal Project Management training/experience required
- Knowledge of IATF 16949, ISO 14001, 5S and Lean Manufacturing.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Strong leadership, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Energetic with ability to manage concurrent projects effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Technical aptitude and practical familiarity with industrial/manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Automotive industry experience.
- Strong computer skills and practical knowledge of Excel and Word programs.