We are seeking a Shipper/Receiver to join our team at our Brantford facility.
Candidates must be available to work the 3pm to 11pm Afternoon Shift.
Reporting to the Shipping/Receiving Supervisor, the Shipper/Receiver is responsible for processing customer shipments and receiving inbound materials. Is responsible to maintain a safe and organized shipping and receiving warehouse
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operation of propane and electric forklifts.
- Load outbound trailers safely while adhering to load weight and stability guidelines.
- Perform lift truck inspection and at the beginning of each shift, submitting checklist to Supervisor to address any issues.
- Perform dock inspections as required to ensure equipment is safe to operate.
- Ensure accuracy of incoming shipments and outgoing deliveries, packaging, quantity and quality.
- Pick/Pack/Scan required parts to support the shipper (document). Process ASN’s as required.
- Ensure shippers are scanned complete and notify the Shipping Supervisor of any issues.
- Process customer specific requirements as needed, Toyota Kanban / Honda etc.
- Receive/Inspect/Tag and put away all incoming materials safely and accurately.
- Ensure all receiving documents are present and properly received into the Plex ERP system in a timely manner.
- Support warehouse/shipping layout and maintain inventory in its proper location.
- Assist Quality Inspection laying out and restacking parts requiring dock audits.
- Work within a team environment and communicate effectively within the team.
- Ensure the work areas are clean and free from clutter at all times.
- Must be willing to work statutory holidays to support US customer shipments.
- Achieve objectives in a safe manner and according to Hematite policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Adhere to all H&S, environmental laws and procedures
- All other duties/assignments required to support internal and external customers
Strong attention to detail
Solid organization skills
Must be a self-starter capable of managing daily requirements and assignments
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
2 years of forklift experience required
Previous shipping/receiving experience preferred
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Forklift License required